Windows 2003 unable to logon - Username+Password greyed out

Dean W Stopford DeanW.Stopford "at" firstgroup.com
Wed Apr 21 12:45:00 2004

Seen an identical post. Since installing VNC on our Windows 2003 Servers we
have intermittent problems with not being able to logon either remotely or
locally to these servers. The symptoms being Windows 2003 greyed out
username + password fields when you Ctrl-Alt-Del.

The only way around it I have discovered is a server reboot, not very
elegant.

Running vnc-3.3.7 on these servers, does anyone know if v4 resolves this
issue?

TIA

This message is confidential. It may not be disclosed to, or used by,
anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this message in
error, please advise us immediately.

Internet email is not necessarily secure. First does not accept
responsibility for changes to any email which occur after the email
has been sent. Attachments to this email could contain software
viruses which could damage your system. First have checked the
attachments for viruses before sending, but you should virus-check
them before opening.

http://www.firstgroup.com