Using VNC to access remote desktop across the web

Jerome R. Westrick jerry "at" Westrick.com
Wed Apr 21 11:06:00 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 11:36, Alex Mattelaer wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Alex...

> I am trying to work out how I could use VNC to access my customer's desktop PC across the public
> internet - their firewall / network policy doesn't allow them to (easily) expose an internal IP
> address to the web so I can't simply ask him to run VNC server on his machine - is there any way
> in which he could initiate a connection from his desktop to VNC (proxy?) on my web server and
> thereby allow me to "pass through" when connecting from my PC to the web server ?

If your firewall/network policy allows for you to to expose internal IP
addresses, then you can put a viewer into "Listen-mode", and have your
client "add-connection".

This is a connection initialed from the server to the client built
explicitly for this purpose...

Jerry
P.S.  Question wasn't so daft after all!