Using VNC to access remote desktop across the web

Alex Mattelaer alex.mattelaer "at" apto.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 10:37:00 2004

Hi,

This is probably a daft question but ...

I am trying to work out how I could use VNC to access my customer's desktop PC across the public
internet - their firewall / network policy doesn't allow them to (easily) expose an internal IP
address to the web so I can't simply ask him to run VNC server on his machine - is there any way
in which he could initiate a connection from his desktop to VNC (proxy?) on my web server and
thereby allow me to "pass through" when connecting from my PC to the web server ?

Any ideas would be appreciated ...

Alex.