Running VNC server and Remote destop XP simultaneously - not working

Jiri Burysek jburysek "at" centrum.cz
Wed Apr 21 10:13:00 2004

Since I used RDP (at WinXP PRO) to connect, then 'disconnected', I'm not able to connect to VNC.
Hence, once you use RDP, VNC no longer works ok.  I get only a black screen with a mouse..

Details:
If I tried VNC after restart of machine, it was working (my VNC resolution is 640*480, because of weak graphic card).
Then I started RDP and it was also working (but resolution was my client fullsreen = 1280*1024).
Then I tried VNC, but only big black windows appeared!!!
I thing it has something to do with RDPDD and videodriver.

Does anyone have solution?

I need use it alternately (nor simultaneously), because RD is more suitable over LAN and VNC is better over internet.
But described behaviour (black screen) is independent on kind of connection (LAN, Internet).
Both services uses another port (RD = 3389; VNC=5800).

Please, if you have some idea, let me know.

JBurysek "at" centrum.cz