DISPLAY UNREADABLE WITH VNC Viewer

Corné Beerse cbeerse "at" lycos.nl
Wed Apr 21 08:25:01 2004

Celina Liu wrote:
> Hi, Corne
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I did try setting the font path as you suggested and change the depth from 8
> to 16 to 24, however without luck, it still does not work.
>
> Is there any other setting I can try ?

I started to mention the fontpath update:
In the vnc session, do `xset -q`.
In the console on the same machine as where the vncserver (`Xvnc`) runs, do a
`xset -q`.
Compare the fontpaths. If they differ, you can use `xset` to update the
fontpath, see `man xset` for details.
You can set the new, working fontpath in the `vncserver`-script once it works.

Success

CBee