DISPLAY UNREADABLE WITH VNC Viewer

Celina Liu ping "at" storm.ca
Tue Apr 20 14:08:01 2004

Hi, Corne

Thanks for your reply.

I did try setting the font path as you suggested and change the depth from 8
to 16 to 24, however without luck, it still does not work.

Is there any other setting I can try ?

Thanks

Celina

-----Original Message-----
From: Corne Beerse [mailto:cbeerse "at" lycos.nl]
Sent: April 20, 2004 3:13 AM
To: Celina Liu
Cc: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Re: DISPLAY UNREADABLE WITH VNC Viewer

Celina Liu wrote:
> Hi, I have used the VNCviewer on  window system to install oracle software
> through a VPN connection to a Solaris box. the VNCviewer can launch the
> Installer and display fonts in the Installer window are fine, but  Now
when
> I launch another tool DBCA (from Oracle as well) the display is in the
> unreadable font - all the words are together as a black line- unreadable
>
> I need to get the tool going and I would be very appreciated if somebody
can
> help me with the display font issue.

If this realy is a font problem, check on a display that runs on the same
processor as your vncserver (the `Xvnc` process) and query for its fontpath
(`xset -q`). THen feed the same fontpath to the vnc-session: use `xset` to
do it
on the fly, update the vncserver script for future sessions.

Since Oracle tools are involved, I know (from older Oracle tools) that they
use
a dedicated colordepth. I recal by head it should be 8 or 16 bits. Try if
changing this suits a need.

CBee