VNC + Emacs *Without* a Window Manager

Jerome R. Westrick jerry "at" Westrick.com
Sat Apr 17 22:50:01 2004

I know that xterm works without a window manager but....
YOu cannot full screen it, resize it,  or any thing else since
thosse are all window manager functions. 8-(

Have you looked into rodent-killer.  It's a window manager
where each program takes up 100% of the screen, and all (x-mouse)
window manager actions are take via special keyboard sequence...

I used it in combination with vnc and old star-office to give users back
the area the window frame used to take up.  They never knew a window
manager was running, and assumed SO was the window manager!

Jerry