Auto Login

TYERS, MARK M.TYERS "at" staff.covcollege.ac.uk
Sat Apr 17 11:51:01 2004

Just been playing with realVNC and it looks really good. I will use it to monitor my children on their computers. However is there a way of using the Java client and:

storing the machine name/password
hiding the buttons so I can fire it up in a clean window showing just the desktop (probably scaled 1/2)

ideally I could pass the parameters either by get or post and these would be used by the applet

I wont need to change anything once it is configured.

The plan is to put the url into my startup folder.

This has probably been done already but I couldn't find it in the documentation

Thanks in advance.

Mark J Tyers

PS: if it has not been done I might try doing it myself if I can get the source files for the applet (my Java is pretty basic but it would be a good way of improving it!)
There are 10 sorts of people, those who understand binary and those that don't

Privacy and Confidentiality
City College Coventry computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. Please note that this email cannot be considered personally confidential and that this and any replies may be screened.

Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are deemed to be those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of City College Coventry.

The copyright in any transmission lies with City College Coventry. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, disclosure, modification, distribution or publication of this message without explicit consent is prohibited.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential College information. The contents are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) or organisation(s).

If you are not the intended recipient, no action may be taken on the information nor may it be copied or shown to a third party and you are asked to notify the sender or postmaster "at" covcollege.ac.uk accordingly and then delete from your computer.