centrix solution using vnc?

Simon Oosthoek simon "at" margo.student.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 16 10:56:01 2004

Hi all

I'm new to this list, so please forgive me for any faux-pas I make in
ignorance ;-)

I work as a sysadmin in a small company and we're using Linux on the desktop
(mainly). I'm looking for an efficient and workable solution to run
MS-office applications, but I'd like to keep the desktops running Linux.

One solution I thought up was that it might be possible to install one
really fast machine with lots of memory, running windows and a VNC server
and connecting the users to that machine from the Linux Desktop. If this
would fast enough of course ;-)

My question is whether there is some experience with a solution like this
(and if so, what are the experiences with such a solution) or if not, why is
this not a good solution?

TIA

Simon