Need advice about what i'm going to do

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Thu Apr 15 21:08:00 2004

Please send replies to the list.

Warren, Glen A said:
[snip
>> > - Is my plan a good idea (feasible) ?
>>
>> Works for me.
>>

> I do something similar.  It works so long as your linux box boots
> smoothly.  I recently had mine stop in the middle of booting, and I had
> no clue what happened.  I don't recall ever seeing that happen before.
> I simply power cycled the box and everything came up smoothly.

I have had situations of kernel upgrades requiring a monitor/keyboard for
troubleshooting.  And of course there's nothing like the feeling of
realizing that you just typed "service network stop" in an SSH session to
the headless box... :-)

--
William Hooper