VNC Quiescent Bandwidth

Mike Carney mcarney "at" mn.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 15:09:00 2004

I just started using the VNC bundled with Suse 9.0 remote desktop.  In
accessing the remote desktop over a  broadband connection, VNC uses about
50kbs of bandwidth even when there is no screen activity (and the client
iconified).  The client accessing the Suse remote desktop is RealVNC 3.3.7
on Windows XP.  I have several other VNC client/server pairs (various
flavors of windows) running on my local network and their quiescent
bandwidth is near zero (less than 2kbs anyway).  Is there something in the
configuration on Suse remote desktop that needs adjustment?

Thanks
Mike Carney