imposing security on users

Mike Miller mbmiller "at" taxa.epi.umn.edu
Wed Apr 14 16:23:00 2004

We may have discussed this before, but that seems to be true of most
issues on this list!  I want to be able to run Xvnc on a Linux box and
allow users to connect to it, but I would prefer that they use SSH tunnels
from outside the network.  I see no way to force them to use SSH tunnels.
If I set up VNC for them, they can connect without the tunnel and I can't
stop them.

Thus, I would like to know if there is an Xvnc for Linux (or any unix OS)
that has encryption built in.  Of course, we'd need a viewer that also had
encryption built in.  That way we could avoid the hassles of setting up
the SSH tunnels and would not have to worry if user connections are
encrypted.

Of course, if such a thing does not exist, I recommend it as a project!

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor