Question about commercial use and the GPL

Stephan A. Edelman stephan "at" newace.ca
Tue Apr 13 18:59:01 2004

We have a similar solution that we use to support our own customers, based
in part on VNC.

We've essentially packaged the vncserver into a single signed 390KB
executable (not an installer) that initiates an outgoing support connection
across the Internet to an available station in our help desk. The station is
running the vncviewer in listen mode.

The beauty of this setup is that most routers (at the customer's end) will
permit outgoing connections to be initiated so in general we have no problem
providing support to our customers.

Here are some screen shots for those interested in how it's done.

http://www.planetdns.net/menu/list/137/page/145

Regards,

Stephan.