Take VNC session control

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Tue Apr 13 18:53:01 2004

Alejandro Sanchez Acosta said:

> And about the display 0, I just know in linux the gemsvnc server to use
> the same
> display without opening a new one.

So will VNC4 and xf4vnc, but none of them offer the option you are looking
for.  That is why I offered a different scenario to accomplish it.

>> > And in the Windows one with TightVNC I can disable the local keyboard
>> and
>> > mouse
>> > in the user options and it notify to the service.
>>
>> RealVNC also supports this option (providing that the server is running
>> Windows NT/2000/XP).
>
> That's not so easy, it has to be transparent for the user and the person
> that
> wants to connect to the remote desktop.

Can you explain what is not "transparent" about it?

> In the tightvnc one in Windows,
> when you
> apply the change it notify the server but I can't automatize it. (I can't
> write
> anything in the register and notify to the server without restarting the
> windows
> user session)

Is there a particular reason not to leave the option set at all times?

Another thing you might want to check out is using the vncconfig program
with VNC4.

--
William Hooper