Take VNC session control

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Tue Apr 13 16:39:01 2004

Alejandro Sanchez Acosta said:
> Quoting William Hooper <whooper "at" freeshell.org>:
>
>> Alejandro Sanchez Acosta said:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Is there any client (like vncviewer) that take the control of a remote
>> VNC
>> > server?   Is so hard to try to control a machine if the remote user is
>> > moving
>> > the mouse or using the keyboard.
>>
>> What operating system?
>
> It imply both windows and Linux.

Nothing was implied, that's why I asked.

> In the linux

I would suggest for Linux running a VNC session on display :1 and having
the "controlling" client connect to it normally.  The one you don't want
to be able to control it can connect using the "-viewonly".  It doesn't
appear that RealVNC4 or xf4vnc support disabling via the XFree86 module.

> And in the Windows one with TightVNC I can disable the local keyboard and
> mouse
> in the user options and it notify to the service.

RealVNC also supports this option (providing that the server is running
Windows NT/2000/XP).

--
William Hooper