Take VNC session control

Alejandro Sánchez Acosta alejandro.sanchez "at" municipia.com
Tue Apr 13 15:43:58 2004

Quoting William Hooper <whooper "at" freeshell.org>:

> Alejandro Sanchez Acosta said:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there any client (like vncviewer) that take the control of a remote
> VNC
> > server?   Is so hard to try to control a machine if the remote user is
> > moving
> > the mouse or using the keyboard.
>
> What operating system?

It imply both windows and Linux.

In the linux one I have done a program that block the input events (keyboard and
mouse) in the X Window System, but it blocks the VNC session (when I enable the
input events I can use VNC session again).

And in the Windows one with TightVNC I can disable the local keyboard and mouse
in the user options and it notify to the service. If I play with the win
register it does't apply the change in the same time that I choose that option.

So the idea is that I have to automatize the remote VNC session in windows and
Linux without any event input enabled so a teacher for example can show things
to any student (in a remote computer).

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro.