Specifying host in command line

Corné Beerse cbeerse "at" lycos.nl
Tue Apr 13 10:28:00 2004

Simon Pearce wrote:
> It is possible to specify the host in the command line?
>
> I've tried:
>
> C:\Program Files\RealVNC\vncviewer.exe 192.168.0.62
> C:\Program Files\RealVNC\vncviewer.exe 192.168.0.62:0

I have shortcuts with the next commandline in them:
"C:\Program Files\RealVNC\vncviewer.exe" machine:52

Hence I think you just need to add some quotes.

> But none work.

Mine do work, I frequently use them. I think it is the space in the commandline
(between Program and Files ;-)

IN a cmd-box (or msdos-box) you can type:
"C:\Program Files\RealVNC\vncviewer.exe" /?
which gives a summary of the commandline parameters. The best option in there is
the "/config configfile" at which you can put the path to configuration file you
can save from the vncviewer menu.

CBee