'java.net:NoRouteTohost Operation timed out' problem

Scott C. Best sbest "at" best.com
Mon Apr 12 20:22:00 2004

George:

	Sounds like you're close: your friend got all the way to
the "password prompt", and many things need to be correct to get
that far. Please let me know how it works for you from work, both
with a standalone VNC Viewer, and the web-browser client.

	Also, please keep in mind: the VNC connection travels over
the "5900+N" ports, not the "5800+N" ones. The only reason you need
"5800+N" setup correctly is to enable distribution of the web-client.
Once the client is loaded in the browser, all connections will be
on the "5900+N" ports. So if don't need to use the web-client, you
don't need the "5800+N" ports at all, but you'll always need to
manage the "5900+N" ones.

	Good luck in your work-connection attempt!

-Scott

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, George Cordahi wrote:

> Hi Scott, William et al:
>
> I still haven't seen the light of day on this..., but because I have not
> been at work since Thursday, I could not test for myself whether any of the
> changes I made have helped.
>
> But I did ask a friend to try to connect to my servers via a browser. When
> he entered the authentication password, he got a 'time out' error after a
> while, but no "NoRouteToHost" string.
<snip>