Compatibility of Xvnc 4.0 with vncviewer for Windows CE?

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Sat Apr 10 20:46:00 2004

David,

VNC 4 is compatible with the older VNC 3 system, but it's possible that the
viewer you are using has some custom modifications that prevent it from
working with VNC 4.  It's also the case that some third-party viewers
(incorrectly) check the server version and disconnect immediately if it is
not what they expected.  If that is the case then you can use the VNC 4
Protocol3.3 setting to tell Xvnc to use the older protocol version.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.