VncViewer

Joe Henley joehenley "at" kc.rr.com
Sat Apr 10 17:11:01 2004

Hi,

I'm running a VNC server (version 3.3.7) on a Win98 machine, and a VNC
viewer (version 3.3.7) on a Red Hat 9 Linux machine.  I recently
upgraded both VNC versions from 3.3.3.

When I shut down the Win 98 machine from the Linux machine (using the
normal Win 98 shut down, ... click on Start, click on Shut down, click
on Shut down...), the Win 98 machine will shut down.  But the vncviewer
window on the Linux machine stays open on the Linux desktop.  In the
older version I used, the vncviewer window would close.  Anyone know how
to get the Linux vnc window to close automatically when the server shuts
down?

Yes, I know I can use the F8 menu pull down or just click on the
top-right corner window close button.  But I want it to be automatic
like it used to be in version 3.3.3.  It's been a long time since I set
up version 3.3.3, so I've probably forgotten some setting I used to
accomplish the window close.  Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Joe Henley