'java.net:NoRouteTohost Operation timed out' problem (again)

George Cordahi george "at" cordahi.org
Fri Apr 9 06:04:00 2004

William:

You say:

> I bet if you look at the HTML (the paramaters passed to the java viewer)
> both of these are trying to contact port 5900.

What HTML? Where? how? What should I look for?

> You need to either server
> the viewer from a seperate HTTP server

I don't understand what you are suggesting....

> or change your display number so
> that your "Private Ports" to match your "Public Ports"

Isn't that EXACTLY what I did by redirecting private port 5900 on display 5
to public port 5905 (which works) and private port 5800 on the same display
to public port 5805 which does not work ???

gc