R: R: Failed to Connect to Server

Livio Curzola l.curzola "at" t-t.it
Thu Apr 8 16:33:01 2004

Dear Ying

" I tried to using VNC after
I connected to my work, then I got different message:
'VNC authentication failed!'. I have set up a password
in my work PC."

It looks like you are providing the wrong password. Be sure you are not
mixing up lower and upper case letters (by saying this, I assume you are
making use of western keyboards on both your home and work PC. I do not know
to which extent this assumption is right in your case).
Also, be sure you do not have CAPS-Lock key down on your work PC.

Cheers

Livio Curzola
Software engineer

Tel : +39 0481 523874
mail :l.curzola "at" t-t.it

t&t
telematica e trasporti srl
visit our web: www.t-t.it

Sede
Autoporto pad.A c/o B.I.C. I 34170 GORIZIA
tel. +39 0481 523874 fax +39 0481 523879
e-mail : info "at" t-t.it

its research centre
Area Science Park - Padriciano 99  I 34012 Trieste  Italia
Tel: +39 040 3755371 - fax: +39 040 3755372
e-mail : t-t "at" com.area.trieste.it

************************
This document is intended for, and should only be read by,those persons to
whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and if you have received
this message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately, e-mail
"info "at" t-t.it". Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without our
prior written consent is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent
the position of t&t. Furthermore t&t does not authorise nor use e-mail for
official contractual correspondence.  Nothing received in e-mail has any
contractual validity. t&t reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been checked for known  computer viruses.