Connection Help

cosenzas@optonline.net cosenzas "at" optonline.net
Thu Apr 8 00:34:01 2004

Hi all. New member and I'm hoping some of you gurus can help me. I was thrilled to hear about VNC and desperately need to install it so I can access my machine at work. One of my coworkers is leaving and I'm gonna get stuck at the office late time and time again....unless I can get this to work.

I downloaded and installed the VNC viewer on my laptop at home and the server program on my desktop downstairs. The machines are connected through cable internet access. Everything went without a hitch and I thought I understood installation instructions. However....

when I installed the server program on my desktop at work....no connection. :(

My machine at work is on a Novell network using DSL internet access through a modem/router setup.

I've tried using all the ISP addys I could find by running winipcfg:
1. PPP adapter
    Host NTW-1 (my machine's identity on the office network)
    DNS servers 192.168.0.2

2. AOL adapter (Boss uses AOL to access web, office using Verizon)
   Host NTW-1
   DNS servers 192.168.0.2

3. Intel Ethernet adapter
   IP addy 192.168.0.11 (this is the IP # that shows up when I hover over VNC)
   Default gateway 192.168.0.1

I struggled to search the archives and figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've tried running the Client in listening mode. The only thing I've managed to do is confuse myself more and give myself a headache <sigh>

Can someone help me? Or point me in the right direction? Please?
Doreen
aka LuniLadi