How start vncserver for a no-root user whem i m logged on root account ?

Eternal Security veptune "at" wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 7 16:37:01 2004

Hello all.

I want to use vncserver (with the java applet)  on my linux (debian) system but i got a problem.

If i want to start vncserver for a particular user (which is not root) i must to log with this accound and start vncserver.

But if i want to start vncserver on a port < 1024 (with the -httpport option) i can't do it because only the root user can bind port < 1024.

How is it possible to start vncserver for a particular user in using the root account ?

Cya and thanks for any help.

Sorry for my english it is not my primary language :)