Web-based VNC access

Wed Apr 7 13:41:01 2004

	That would depend on what you mean, or what you want, by the word "transparent".  That means IE installs it without the end-user knowing it.  Virus does that as well ;-)

	As a matter of fact, installing JRE is just "next", "next", "next".  If this isn't simple enough for an end-user, sorry to say that, I think his IQ is well below 100.  Computer is probably not for him.  Well, he could go to a video shop and rent a film.  That's certainly easier :-D

> (2) Microsoft's JVM far
> outperforms Sun's JVM due to the fact that it does JIT byte-code compilation
> into a Windows native executable form, whereas Sun's JVM is completely
> interpreted. This translates into a much slower VNC response than is the
> case for MS JVM or an ActiveX control.

	True, but there're also other JRE which are more performant than Sun's, even though I don't know which one is best.