trouble starting VNC behind ZoneAlarm

Jerry Riechert JerryR "at" mediserve.com
Tue Apr 6 18:39:00 2004

My home PC runs XP Pro SP1 with the latest ZoneAlarm free version. It's
also behind a D-link DI-604 router although I don't think that's the
problem. To connect to my work PC I first start VPN. Once connected I
then start VNC viewer. But I never get the password prompt from work PC
unless I change ZA settings to no protection. Once VNC starts I can set
ZA back to high protection and it continues to work fine. I can also
disconnect and restart the viewer in the same VPN session and it works
OK. Is there some setting I need in ZA so that I don't have to change
the protection settings?
--
Jerry