Router/Firewall Settings for Port Forwarding Finally Solved!

Peter Coulter peter "at" coulter.ndo.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 20:48:00 2004

You should not have an issue with Netgear Remote Management and VNC
clashing.
The Netgear Remote Management facility is smart enough to allow to Remote
Management to be set to use any port (use the Port Number field on the
Remote Management page of the the Netgear GUI). I set mine to a nice obscure
port in the high 10s of thousands and it does not interfer with VNC (or
anything else as far as I am aware).

Peter Coulter