Re. Native X Display (RealVNC 4.0b4)

Christopher Mc Carthy cmccarthy "at" gltrade.com
Mon Apr 5 09:29:01 2004

Thanks for the pointer William.

Can I suggest (to the RealVNC people) that a little note be added to
http://www.realvnc.com/v4/x0.html saying that you *must* specify the
location of the passwd file in the Option section?

The combination of 'option' and 'can' (rather than 'must') i.e. 'The
parameters listed in the Xvnc manual page can be set as options in
XF86Config e.g. Option "passwordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"' threw me - I
understood that saying where the passwd file is located was optional,
whereas it is actually mandatory...

The above may be pretty obvious to most people, but it wasn't to me :(

BTW this functionality is great - I'm impressed.

Chris

P.s. if anyone replied to me directly, thanks but due to work changing
things in the e-mail system I stopped receiving things sent to
cmccarthy "at" gltrade.com a couple of days ago and that address is now dead (I'm
now I'm sending this from that address, but that's because this mailing list
only recognizes that on.  Will sign up with the new address Monday).