AllowProperties

Tumber Ken (RPH) Kent Ambulance NHS Trust Ken.Tumber "at" kentamb.nhs.uk
Mon Apr 5 06:54:00 2004

I see there are many articles about Allow Properties, but I am still
confused - sorry.
I wish to prevent the user of a computer from changing the password and
disabling the settings of VNC Server. As I understand  it this is what I
have to do:-

1. Log on as Administrator
2. Set password
3. Go to HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Default and create new DWORD Value
    a. AllowPrperties REG_DWORD: 0   and
    b. AllowShutdown REG_DWORD: 0
4. Then I have to copy the password value from HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3
to HKEY_CURRENT USER-\Software\ORL\WinVNC3

Is that it? Please correct if wrong.

I am sorry about this but I am a little nervous about messing around
with the Registry.

Regards,

Ken Tumber

Ken Tumber
IT Support Analyst
Kent & Medway Health Informatics Service
Tel: 01622 740 341
e-mail kent.tumber "at" kentamb.nhs.uk
           kenneth.tumber "at" nhs.uk