Allow Shutdown not in system registry

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Thu Apr 1 00:27:00 2004

E. Sprow said:
> Hi,
>
> I am using windows xp pro; even when I establish a user account, I am
> still
> quite able to shut down the vnc server from the start menu.  I have looked
> at the os' program access, but I don't find anything that would apply here

Are you sure they are not members of the Administrators or Power Users
groups?  I'll be danged if I can find a good reference for what powers
each group has, but I will keep looking.

I'm pretty sure it is a bug if a Regular User (not Administrator or Power
User) can do a "winvnc4.exe -stop".  If I get a chance tomorrow I will see
if I can replicate it.

--
William Hooper