v4b3 installation/setup (CreateDACL failed)

Markus Becker markus.becker@seibtundstraub.de
Wed Jul 30 18:00:01 2003

> > > Hello to all,
> > > I just tried to run the win32 installer on my w2k-box, sp3, german,
> using
> > a local
> > > admin-account. At the end of the installation-process an error-message
> > showed up,
> > > this comes up now every time I try to run WinVNC Config. "CreateDACL
> > failed:
> > > Zuordnungen von Kontennamen und Sicherheitskennungen wurden nicht
> > durchgef|hrt.
> > > (1332)" Is this a known problem, general or related to my box? Please
> > help, Markus
> >
> > It's because I've hardcoded the Administrator account name in this beta.
> > Specifying the account via RID values will fix that in the next release.
> > Will note that on the To-Do list!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Dr. James "Wez" Weatherall
> > RealVNC Ltd. - http://www.realvnc.com - The Home of VNC
> >
> Thanks for your hint. I think the point is the name of the local admin
> group.
> The german localized w2k name for it is "Administratoren" while it needs
> be "Administrators" for v4b3 to function properly.
> The group can easily be renamed. Afterwards WinVNC Config works fine even
on
> localized w2k...

Hoppla,
I forgot to mention that renaming any user groups should not be done on
production machines and should be undone after testing cause it strongly
tends to break other things...
So please do that only temporarily to get the beta working.