4beta: CreataDACL failed

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw@realvnc.com
Wed Jul 30 17:43:00 2003

> Hello James,

> >> On wkk/wkk Upon installation of 4Beta I get "CreataDACL failed:
>
> JWW> Are you using a German version of Windows? The error indicates a
> JWW> failure attempting to secure the registry settings, caused by an
> JWW> unrecognised account name - in this case probably
> "Administrator".
> JWW> You should still be able to set the VNC password, though
> - you'll
> JWW> just get a warning about it not being properly secure.
>
> The same issue on a Russian WinNT4 system, and that's not
> just a warning -- I think vncconfig exits on an exception
> thrown in the
> RegKey::setDACL() method.

Thanks for that Const.  The attached version of vncconfig should work on
non-U.S.English builds of Windows - can you and Dietmar give it a try and
let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/x-compressed which had a name of vncconfig.zip]