Revisit: Cadence and RealVNC Client

Li, Charles Charles.Li@dep.state.fl.us
Wed Jul 30 15:07:00 2003

Where is VNC 4 Beta 3 located?

Thanks
Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: devnull@adc.idt.com [mailto:devnull@adc.idt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 9:00 AM
To: James Weatherall
Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Re: Revisit: Cadence and RealVNC Client

I tried VNC 4 Beta 3. It fixes most if not all cadence issues that i came
across.

Couple of things.

1. One of the users here on Win 98 told me that his viewer crashed on
Win 98 twice. I dont have a Win 98 to test it out myself and was curious
if anyone else had seen this problem on Win 98.

2. Sometime running CDE and fvwm, with lots of windows open, sometimes
windows would be "lost". I have not been able to reproduce it myself or
give you more details unfortunately.

3. The blinking cursor problem still exists with "render cursor locally"
on the client checked.

Thanks,

devnull
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, James Weatherall wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:22:06 +0100
> From: James Weatherall <jnw@realvnc.com>
> To: devnull@adc.idt.com
> Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com
> Subject: Re: Revisit: Cadence and RealVNC Client
>
> "Devnull",
>
> Have a try with VNC 4.0 Beta 3.  It includes some performance tweaks that
> target Jeff's problems with Cadence, plus some more general ones,
> particularly in the Windows VNC Viewer.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.
>
> --
> Dear All,
>
> I just read through the archives and noticed that several people in the
> last month had a similar query regarding "Cadence Slowness"
>
> Jeff Boerio remarked that he had worked with the developers about fixing
> the problems.
>
> 1. I would like to get a better idea about what exactly the problem is and
> so would appreciate some inputs on that.
>
> 2. When is the release set(if there is one) for the new client.
>
> Thanks for writing this very useful piece of software.
>
> Regards,
>
> /dev/null

/dev/null

devnull@adc.idt.com