VNC Authentication - Login Denial?

James ''Wez'' Weatherall
Wed Jul 30 12:40:00 2003

Which version of VNC are you referring to?

Wouldn't shutting down the server after X unsuccessful connection attempts
just make denial of service attacks trivial to perform?

Dr. James "Wez" Weatherall
RealVNC Ltd. - - The Home of VNC

I see from:

>The VNC Authentication is already designed so that many logins from one
source will cause further logins to be denied

Could someone point me to documentation describing this?

i.e. It would seem reasonable to me that after X unsuccessful attempts to
log in to VNC, it would shut itself down - requiring a local user to restart
the service, reboot the machine, or in some other manner kick it back into

It sounds like this is already present, but I haven't come across any
documentation on this point. Could someone kindly point me in the right