UltraVNC and loopback ..

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw@realvnc.com
Wed Jul 30 12:34:00 2003

Mark,

"UltraVNC" is a project based on VNC 3.3, so it's highly likely that it'll
support the same registry settings, yes.

Cheers,

--
Dr. James "Wez" Weatherall
RealVNC Ltd. - http://www.realvnc.com - The Home of VNC

--

I'm wondering if UltraVNC respects the following registry keys?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3]
"AllowLoopback"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default]
"AllowLoopback"=dword:00000001

I was having some trouble with my UltraVNC server on a Windows 2000
Professional workstation (using Zebedee to create a secure tunnel), and I
think adding the above keys fixed the problem.  I looked for any "loopback"
related keys under the UltraVNC registry settings and didn't see any, so I'm
assuming UltraVNC takes into account the \ORL\WinVNC3\ keys?

Thanks for the clarification,

Mark