4beta: CreataDACL failed

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw@realvnc.com
Wed Jul 30 12:25:01 2003

> On wkk/wkk
> Upon installation of 4Beta I get "CreataDACL failed: ...(1332)" idem I
can't
>  run vncconfig.exe with same error It appears that the registry cannot be
> written, as running a server I cannot set passwords etc. hence I get
> authentication errors any clues on that Cheers, Dietmar

Are you using a German version of Windows?  The error indicates a failure
attempting to secure the registry settings, caused by an unrecognised
account name - in this case probably "Administrator".  You should still be
able to set the VNC password, though - you'll just get a warning about it
not being properly secure.

Cheers,

--
Dr. James "Wez" Weatherall