UltraVNC and loopback ..

Mark G. Spencer mspencer@evidentdata.com
Tue Jul 29 18:43:01 2003

I'm wondering if UltraVNC respects the following registry keys?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3]
"AllowLoopback"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default]
"AllowLoopback"=dword:00000001

I was having some trouble with my UltraVNC server on a Windows 2000
Professional workstation (using Zebedee to create a secure tunnel), and I
think adding the above keys fixed the problem.  I looked for any "loopback"
related keys under the UltraVNC registry settings and didn't see any, so I'm
assuming UltraVNC takes into account the \ORL\WinVNC3\ keys?

Thanks for the clarification,

Mark