VNC4b3, Win32 clients connect to Unix, unicode chars

Enver ALTIN ealtin@casdb.com
Tue Jul 29 17:37:00 2003

Hi James,

I had a VNC 3.3.7 setup 2 months ago. Xvnc via inetd set up to connect
to a locally running XDMCP server (GDM actually) to provide a login
screen for users running vncviewer on win32 (actually it's somewhat
stripped version of WinNT 4.0 running on Compaq Evo T20 thin client).

We had problems with Turkish accented chars. As the server is based on X
4.3 and the viewer probably has some changes in keyboard handling code;
do you think there's any chance these problems have been fixed?

BTW, let me comply about the build system for Unix. It was a bit of
hassle building, and it was a pain to build it in ppc64 for a long
while. Any plans to make it GNU style?

Keep up the great work!
--
Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)	- Software developer, generic solvent
http://enver.casdb.com/		- mailto: ealtin at casdb dot com

A LISP programmer knows the value of everything, but the cost of
nothing.