Port number when run as service

Victor Star vnc@victorstar.com
Tue Jul 29 17:01:02 2003

Hi guys,

I'm running realvnc as a service that starts up automatically on Windows 2000 server.
I want it to listen on the port different from the default one.

So that's what I've done (as per FAQ):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Default\AutoPortSelect = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Default\PortNumber = <port number here>

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\AutoPortSelect = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\PortNumber = <port number here>

Service listens to the given port when I start it myself, but when it starts automatically on system
boot it doesn't for some reason. If I restart it manually - listens fine to the port I want.

The service starts under SYSTEM account with "allow to interact with desktop" box checked.

So here goes the question: How do I make it listen to the port I need when it starts automatically
on system boot?

Thanks,

--
Best regards,