RealVNC v4b3 Comments, etc...

James Weatherall jnw@realvnc.com
Tue Jul 29 13:40:01 2003

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:15:40 -0400, "Adam Pavelec"
> <apavelec@benefit-services.com> wrote:
>
> >+ "Options" and "Close VNC Server" are grayed out in the "notification
> >area icon" -- not sure if this an artifact from a prior install, but I
> >did remove both HKLM\Software\ORL and HKCU\Software\ORL branches before
> >installing v4b3.
>
> I get the same here, and also did an unstall of 3.x and fresh install
> of 4b3. When you're running in server mode, there are server start and
> server stop shortcuts on the VNC flyout on the start bar.

The Close Server option is really only on that menu for User-Mode, not for
when running as a service.  The same is true for the Options dialog.  We may
make them work for Service-Mode too but there are security issues that need
addressing before that can be achieved safely.

> v4b3 correctly sizes its viewer desktop to display both ports on my
> matrox G550 dualhead as contiguous space. I am running both host
> displays at 1024x768, and the viewer as a single 1024x768.

Excellent.  Have you tried it with the secondary monitor to the left of your
primary monitor?  What platform is the server running on?

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd