VNC 4.0 Beta 3
Mon Jul 28 20:21:01 2003
What is the difference between realvnc and tightvnc?
Which is better?
From: James Weatherall [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 2:08 PM
Subject: VNC 4.0 Beta 3
RealVNC is pleased to announce the first public beta release of VNC 4.0.
VNC 4.0 is a complete redesign of the VNC system, but maintains backwards
compatibility with the old VNC 3 releases.
New features on all platforms:
- Local cursor rendering
- New Java viewer
- Improved performance
- Dynamic desktop resizing
New Unix features:
- Support for remoting the X11 console
- Xvnc is now based on the XFree86 4 X server
- Compatibility with a wider range of Unix platforms and features
New Windows features:
- Support for multiple monitors
- New keyboard handling code
- Simpler configuration system
Binaries and source can be downloaded from the RealVNC website at
Documentation and notes on this release can be found at
Please direct bug reports for this release to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The VNC Team
VNC-List mailing list
To remove yourself from the list visit: