Automatic Reconnect From Server To Client Possible? (Answer)

Joel Bomgaars jbomgaars@buscominc.com
Thu Jul 24 05:26:01 2003

J. Thomsen,

The only way I found to do this is to make a batch file with this line in
it:

C:\Progra~1\RealVNC\WinVNC\winvnc.exe -connect 123.45.67.89

Use the task scheduler to schedule the file (or just this command line) to
run every 10 or 15 minutes. Every 10 or 15 minutes a new VNC window will
appear and you can just close the new windows. If you lose the connection,
just wait a few minutes and it will pop back up. This is not very elegant,
but it works. I agree that your idea would be a wonderful feature for future
versions of VNC. I run into your problem all the time. Please submit your
idea for this new feature to info@realvnc.com and Cc me. Also, check out
www.expertvnc.com.

Thanks,
Joel Bomgaars
MCSE, CNE, ASE, CCNA, CCDA, A+, Network+, Server+, i-Net+, CIW, MOUS