Roasting old chestnuts

Steve Bostedor Steveb@tshore.com
Wed Jul 23 19:24:00 2003

VNCScan (http://www.vncscan.com), makes it easy to use SMB to transfer
files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Breland [mailto:gbreland@mozillanews.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 8:42 AM
To: list-vnc-list@mayday.cix.co.uk
Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Re: Roasting old chestnuts

While I agree that file transfer is needlessly complicating VNC, it is
the most requested feature and will help VNC become more popular.  For
instance, Terminal Server doesn't have file transfer built in.  You have
to use regular SMB file sharing to transfer files.

To this end, I thought I would mention that the next major version of
TightVNC 1.3.0 will have file transfer included.  Currently Constain is
working to get 1.2.9 out this week then he plans to release a beta of
1.3.0 shortly thereafter.

You can always get the CVS right now and try it out.  BTW, it is only
for the Win32 viewer/server.