Roasting old chestnuts

Greg Breland gbreland@mozillanews.org
Wed Jul 23 13:51:01 2003

While I agree that file transfer is needlessly complicating VNC, it is the most
requested feature and will help VNC become more popular.  For instance, Terminal
Server doesn't have file transfer built in.  You have to use regular SMB file
sharing to transfer files.

To this end, I thought I would mention that the next major version of TightVNC 1.3.0
will have file transfer included.  Currently Constain is working to get 1.2.9 out
this week then he plans to release a beta of 1.3.0 shortly thereafter.

You can always get the CVS right now and try it out.  BTW, it is only for the Win32
viewer/server.