Automatic Reconnect From Server To Client Possible ?

TheOneManGang theonemangang@hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:18:01 2003

Hello.

I dont know if this is the correct place to ask this, but here it comes.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make the server reconnect
back to the client when the connection breaks.

Initially we use the "add new client" on the servers to connect to the
client as the servers are all on private networks that cannot be reached
from the internet. Any connection must be started from the server to
the client. Unfortunatly, the connection breaks quite often, and we
have to find someone in the other end to start a new connection.

My idea was then to add a "checkmark" to the "add new client" window,
wich tells the vnc server to reconnect to this client if the connection
breaks.

It should try to reconnect until the client tells the server that it is done,
or
that a specified amount of time has passed with no sucessfull connections,
or maybe after xxx retries without luck...

If anything like this already exists in any vnc version please post it.

Thank you.
J. Thomsen