Router, win xp, and time out...(possibly)

Scott C. Best sbest@best.com
Tue Jul 22 23:26:01 2003

Eric:
	Heya. Seeing a black-screen after you log into a VNC
Server running on a WinXP machine is symptomatic with the "Fast
User Switching" incompatibility between VNC and WinXP. From the
RealVNC website:

| VNC will work with XP provided that Fast User Switching and Remote
| Administration are not used. Windows XP uses the Terminal Services
| system to implement Fast User Switching and Remote Administration.
| This is not compatible with the current release of VNC, but will be
| supported better in a  future release.

	So...try disabling Fast User Switching on your VNC Server
and see if that helps. Good luck!

-Scott