Router, win xp, and time out...(possibly)

ERIC ROBERT LLOYD erlloyd@wisc.edu
Tue Jul 22 02:02:00 2003

I'm having a problem with realVNC and a WAN connection. I have realVNC server running on a machine behind a router and would like to access it from on the other side of that router. I have my router set up for port forwarding correctly (when I attempt to connect I do get prompted for a password) Then the desktop appears to open, but all I see is a black screen. No icons, nothing. If I go to "connection info" it says that the current speed is 0kb/sec, which seems to indicate that there is no connection. But it did connect! (Additionally, the server on the host machine does know it is being communicated with) I think it may have to do with the display settings. What are the settings for the fastest speed? Thanks.

Eric