reaching a remote PC via a dial up connection

Scott C. Best sbest@best.com
Fri Jul 18 18:15:00 2003

Martin:

	Heya. Your connection problem is pretty simple: your
Router is acting like a firewall, preventing connections from
the outside from reaching your internal computers. In general,
this is considered a Good Thing. You'll need to adjust the
settings in your Router to make it work with VNC. A description
of that process can be found here:

http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/63.html

	It will take some poking around on your part to get it
to work. If you're completely against such poking around, you
may want to consider using GoToMyPC instead of VNC. It's not
free, it's not open-source, and all of your traffic is routed
thru a 3rd party's network...but it works out-of-the-box with
setups like yours.

cheers,
Scott