Getting started

Dave Hutchins gus1611@hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:57:00 2003

I was just guessing, it was the only thing I could think of.

Symptoms; I fire up the viewer on the PC,  the "Connections Details" window
comes up, I write in my
my vnc server name xxxxx:1 and get the message "can't connect to server"

Again, when I tried viewing someone elses unix machine (they gave me their
password)
from my PC as a test, It worked fine,
and then they (from their PC) where able to view my unix xxxxx:1 machine.

So everything seems to be in place, except I can't view MY unix from MY PC.