Getting started

James Herbert jamesherbert@gmx.net
Fri Jul 18 16:24:01 2003

How could it possibly be the KVM switch? VNC communicates through the
network adaptors and reads from the video card. :P Nothing at all to do
with the KVM.

If you describe the symptoms of your problem accurately, you might have
more luck with someone finding a solution :)

James

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Hutchins" <gus1611@hotmail.com>
To: <caersidi@freeshell.org>; <vnc-list@realvnc.com>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: Getting started

Bill / All

Both systems are set to go and working.
But I'm having problems viewing the unix box thru the PC.
I think it may be related to a KVM switch I'm using that feeds both
systems
into a single monitor/keyboard .

>From the PC I've successfully viewed other machines, and other PC's have
viewed my unix box.
But I can't seem to view my own from my PC ??

The only thing I can think of is the KVM switch my be interfering ?

Any ideas ?